There may be times when a shopper receives defective product or items or simply changes their mind and a return may be needed to return an order. You can create returns directly from within the Spaceful dashboard, to do so simply follow these steps:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure that the products that are being returned have return inspection protocols to ensure they are efficiently processed based on your specific requirements. Learn more.
1. Navigate to the Returns tab from within your Spaceful dashboard.
2. From the Return tabs, click on "Create Return" and enter the Spaceful order ID of the order you wish to create a return order.
3. From within the "Create Return" screen, fill in the required information, indicating which products, quantity and reason for return. If you would like to provide the shopper with a prepaid return label, please be sure to check the box marked "Include return shipment label". If checked, please follow steps 4, 5, & 6.
Note: When checking "Include return shipment label", the cost of the generated label will be billed to your Spaceful account.
3.1 If you are creating an exchange, be sure to input the products/items and quantity that you will be exchanging. When completing an exchange, a new order will be created that will in status "On Hold" until the return is processed.
Note: You can manually remove the hold on the order by visiting the order details page. Learn more.
4. Select "Create Return Order" when all the information is filled in and reviewed, a return email with the receiving slip that is required to process the return will be sent directly to the shopper.
If the shopper is experiencing any issues with the return email or is unable to locate the necessary documents to return their order, the following steps can be followed to download the documents or resend the return email.
5. Locate the customer's return order and select "Details".
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the return order details page and any of the following options can be selected (resend return slip email, download return slip, download prepaid label and commercial invoice).