Every box/pallet that arrives at a Spaceful fulfillment centre must have a Warehouse Receiving Order (WRO) created in your Spaceful account. WROs are essential for our team to identify shipments and accurately receive inventory. The creation of WRO is a required process and allows our operations team to know exactly what SKUs and quantities are expected to arrive. WROs must be created 48 hours in advance of the reception of your inventory.
Important note: All shipments must be delivered directly to our warehouse and all duties and taxes must be pre-paid. Spaceful will not retrieve shipments at postal offices or pay any duties or fees to release shipments. When incoming shipments cannot be received within our usual turnaround time due to missing/inaccurate information we will hold the receiving process and move the boxes/pallets to an on-hold receiving status (ORO).
1. Navigate to the Inventory tab within your Spaceful dashboard.
2. From the Inventory tab, click on Manage inventory.
3. From the Manage Inventory pop-up window, click on Send inventory.
4. The first steps is choosing if the products will be selected manually, from a previous receiving order or through the upload of a CSV file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the receiving order contains a large number of SKUs and you are planning on using the CSV option, please skip to step 7.1.
5. The following steps are only for previous orders or manually selected products. Once all the items have been selected, enter the total quantity for each item we will be receiving and click on Next.
6. Choose the shipping type (boxed or standalone SKUs (if applicable)) and how the inventory is configured from the options available. Once the selections have been made, click on Next.
7. Configure the shipment (number of boxes, quantity per box, etc.) to the best of your ability. You may also had a pallet/box reference ID to the receiving order and click on Next.
7.1 This step is only required for CSV uploads.Download the template and complete its columns by defining the products associated with different pallets in the shipment using "PALLET-001" and subsequent numbers as the Reference Number. Enter the SKUs or Spaceful product IDs and their total quantity, then upload the completed CSV file by selecting or dragging it into the "Upload WRO from Csv file" option.
8. Select the "#1 - St-laurent Warehouse 2 - 4315 Rue Griffith, Montréal H4T 2A2" option. Choose a pre-existing carrier or add a shipping carrier (you must fill in the information of a shipping carrier if you are creating your first WRO, the carrier will be available to chose from on future receiving orders). Select an arrival date, preferred arrival time and select a time slot. Once finished, click on Next.
9. Press on the Generate Download Link to print the mandatory receiving slip. Ensure that the receiving slip is added on the outside of every pallet and/or box. If you are shipping pallets, please ensure they do not exceed the maximum dimension and weight.
Alternatively, you may send the receiving slip directly to your manufacturer by including the manufacturer name, email and purchase order # in order to have the receiving slip added to your inventory before shipment.
Note: Receiving orders that arrive at the warehouse without the mandatory receiving slip may be refused or incur daily on-hold receiving fees along with processing delays. More information on ORO (On-Hold Receiving Order) can be found here.
10. Review your receiving order carefully and click on Submit Receiving Order.